View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 11:39 PM   #33
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547
Default Re: Public Option Losing Steam? White House Open to Health Care Reform Without Govern

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I have to agree here.

What's really killing me right now is that this is a GOLDEN opportunity for the Republicans to get their true message out and try to sway voters over to their side, and IMO, they are fumbling the ball big time. It's not enough to simply be opposed to Obama's policies - they also need to point out in detail what their alternatives are. Instead, they are sitting on their hands and letting the media define who they are, and they can't let that happen. And, as you said, it also wouldn't hurt if they would stop being so beholden to corporate America and allowing guys like Limbaugh, Beck and, locally, Jim Quinn, to speak for them. Far-right conservatives, to me, are just as bad as far-left liberals. I'd like to have a reason to vote FOR a Republican in 2012, something other than "it's not Obama." My vote is right there for the taking, because there's no way in hell I'm voting for Obama. If they don't get it, it isn't going to anyone at all. It's as simple as that.
The GOP stepping on its dick might turn out for the best--but only if they screw up so badly that they disappear into oblivion. Then a credible conservative party can replace them as the opposition to the D's.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote