View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 12:50 AM   #34
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283
Default Re: Public Option Losing Steam? White House Open to Health Care Reform Without Govern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
The GOP stepping on its dick might turn out for the best--but only if they screw up so badly that they disappear into oblivion. Then a credible conservative party can replace them as the opposition to the D's.
Well I won't go so far as to say I hope the GOP steps on it's dick OR goes into oblivion, but I did email a buddy recently about a possible new party coming out of all this. Not sure we could be a three party country, and I can't really see a whole new party on the horizon, however, I feel like there are about as many Democrats about ready to jump ship as their are Republicans. So I think what's most likely to happen is your really gonna see one of the partys go through a major overhaul and come out on the other side looking like something most Americans could get behind. For that to happen, we have to get rid of influence from big business AND special interest groups.

Heck, maybe BOTH parties will get some new blood and BOTH parties will start representing "we the people". Wow, am I the l'il optimist, or what ?

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote