Old 08-27-2009, 01:35 AM   #3
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Carson Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
The ankle thing seems to be pretty precautionary at this point. They don't want to rush him back and risk re-injury in this week's game. And the general sentiment has been that they might just sit him out for the remainder of preseason because he would only get a couple of series in the last game anyway. He's a veteran now so missing part of the preseason shouldn't be devastating, although I'm sure he'll show some signs of rust in week one against Denver.

I'm not too terribly worried about the ankle injury; if it was the regular season he would be playing right now. At the very worst it could bother/affect him for a few weeks, but it's nothing with as serious of a potential as the arm injury from last year.

The only thing I'm worried about is his rotator cuff not being 100 percent and getting re-aggravated. That would spell doom. As Carson goes, so goes the Bengals season.

As far as him being fragile/injury prone...meh, I think it's more a streak of bad luck than anything. The hit he took by Kimo in 05 (a direct shot into the side of the knee) would've yielded the same result for anyone. The rotator cuff injury is the most worrisome, but barring another flare-up from this or another freak hit, I think he should be OK. The broken noses, sprained ankles are relatively minor things you just have to learn to play through.
I really didn't bring up the knee injury because nobody can play through that.

I didn't realize he had a rotator cuff injury. Can you spread some light on this for me?

I agree that as Carson goes so goes the Bengals season. But seriously, if he has more elbow problems or an ankle injury or something and doesn't play through it, I would say some people will start labeling him a bust.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote