View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: Carson Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
I really didn't bring up the knee injury because nobody can play through that.

I didn't realize he had a rotator cuff injury. Can you spread some light on this for me?

I agree that as Carson goes so goes the Bengals season. But seriously, if he has more elbow problems or an ankle injury or something and doesn't play through it, I would say some people will start labeling him a bust.
Whoops, I meant elbow injury...I guess I was thinking about Chad's injury for a second there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me
ummmmmmmm......just when was the last real game Carson actually played? I think this "little ankle injury" is more than they have admitted because I would think that Carson would need to be out there practicing and playing a bit of preseason with his offense, for him and for them.

Can't wait to see him shake off the rust in a real game that counts.
Even if the ankle injury isn't a "small" injury, it's still just an ankle. It's not like he's on crutches or has something wrong with his arm. The biggest concern is that it could linger on into the season and affect him in the first few games. And even if he shows some signs of rust early in the season, he's still better than half the QB's in the league.

And I'm still not quite sure why Palmer gets this fragile stigma because of 2 major unrelated injuries...the guy has been pretty durable otherwise. He had started 52 straight regular season games up until he had to shut it down in week 5 last year, and that's counting the year after he had major knee surgery. The only other regular season games he's missed because of injury were the final 3 in his first year as a starter.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote