View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #29
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default Re: patriots vs redskins

Are you FREAKING kidding me.....so does this mean anytime Golden Boy get's hit the player who is doing the hitting is going to apologize or give a statement as to why they hit him.

Why doesn't the NFL just suspended him above the playing field so he can throw at will and we can all make sure that no one will "hurt him"

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...s_his_hit.html

Haynesworth Describes His Hit On Brady

Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth chased Tom Brady from Friday's game with a pretty solid hit, landing hard on the golden boy quarterback. Asked about the hit after the game, Haynesworth was his typical self: quiet, reserved, considered and witty.

"I mean, it wasn't like I was hitting Gisele or something; he's the quarterback. It was good, it was fine," Haynesworth said. "I mean, I was trying to tackle him, but I wasn't trying to hurt him. I'm not that type of a player, you know? I'm actually a big Tom Brady fan. I'm a big Patriots fan. I've always like the Patriots, I've always liked Coach Belichick. I just like the way [Brady] is."

Belichick was also typical Belichick after the game, saying Brady "has some bumps and bruises like everybody else that played in the game." Still, any injury to Brady is in a sense a blow to the NFL, so I asked Haynesworth whether he was worried about the severity of Brady's injury.

"I hope he's all right," the tackle said. "If I had to hit him again, I would hit him again. That's my job, that's what they brought me here to do. But as far as trying to hurt somebody, I'm not trying to do that, especially that time, because I like that team. When you step back from football, I've always liked the Patriots. I don't know why. It's just something about them. I've always liked the Patriots."