View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #7
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Big College Game Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
GO C_O_C_K_S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
There ya go...I don't think you can use coach LeBeau's first name either...

As for Boise State, I'm not sure I'm ready to concede that they are "way better" than any Big East team...the WAC is still the WAC, and the schedule isn't very difficult. Even adding a Pac-10 team like Oregon, their current SOS is still only 72. WVU (currently the highest ranked BE team at #28) still has a significantly more difficult schedule at 44 overall.

SOS counts...a lot...and they still really only play like 2 real competitive teams all year (Utah being the other ranked team on their schedule). So if they win out, IMO, they DO NOT deserve to play in the NC game.

However, if they win out, which means they have to win all the games they should win, and beat Utah, they WILL get a BCS bowl, and in that conference, with that schedule, they should be pleased that they get even that much. If they played in any other BCS conference, even the Big East, they'd lose 1-2 games a year every year, so the point is moot...

Finally, cutting any OSU hate off at the knees, the Buckeyes current SOS is #7, so PLEASE no tired nonsense about they don't play anybody or how the Big Ten sucks...