Old 02-03-2006, 04:36 PM   #13
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default Re: Peasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HburgXL06
Since we on da topic of J Peasy does anyone know how he got a bullet wound in his ass. I remember hearin bout it but I never heard why n where n how it happened. Just wonderin.

BuFu
Here is an article...

Quote:
A last-minute decision to attend the University of Colorado/Colorado State University football game nearly turned deadly for Steelers Pro Bowl linebacker Joey Porter, who was one of six people shot Sunday morning outside a Denver sports bar in a volley of gunfire that left one person dead.

Porter, 26, was shot in the left buttock at 1:47 a.m., and was in serious condition last night at an undisclosed Denver hospital. The bullet is lodged in his right thigh, but the injury is not considered life-threatening, according to Steelers coach Bill Cowher and Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson.

"At this time, it looks as though the bullet did not hit any vital organs," Cowher said. "He is resting comfortably."

Cowher and Jackson described Porter as "an innocent bystander." Police said there were no confrontations either inside the bar or in the parking lot at the time of shootings.

Cowher refused to speculate about how long Porter will be out of the Steelers' lineup, but Porter won't play in the regular-season opener Sunday at Heinz Field against the Baltimore Ravens, and he could miss anywhere from a month to the entire season. The loss of Porter means the Steelers will be without one of the NFL's best pass rushers. He has recorded 301/2 sacks in his four previous seasons.

Cowher already named Clark Haggans and James Farrior as Porter's replacements in the team's base and specialty defensive packages.

"He's very, very lucky," Cowher said. "He's a lucky young man. I think that's the perspective we need to have at this time. Joey's going to be fine. He's a special guy, and he'll be back."

Porter attended Colorado State before the Steelers drafted him in the third round in 1999. He didn't decide to go to the game until Friday.

The dead man was identified as 28-year-old Christopher Wilford. It was not known if Porter, who was walking to his car with others at the time of the shootings, was acquainted with any of the other victims.

Diann Small, a certified nursing assistant who tended to Wilford, said she saw the shooting. Small, 50, was a patron in the bar prior to the shooting Saturday night.

She said the gunman, who was wearing a black, hooded jacket, opened fire from behind a wrought-iron fence across the street from the parking lot of Denver's Best Sports Bar and Grille, a so-called hip-hop establishment about 5 miles from Invesco Field at Mile High, the site of the Colorado/Colorado State game.

Small, a former bartender at the tavern, said Porter was, at first, unsure that he had been shot. She said Porter pulled down his pants and started screaming, "Have I been shot? Have I been shot?"

Porter was taken to a nearby hospital where he has been undergoing a series of tests. The test results have been positive, Cowher said, and if no other problems arise, Porter may return to Pittsburgh today where Steelers doctors will conduct further examinations. Cowher said no surgery to remove the bullet has been scheduled.

Cowher said he spoke to Porter, the father of three, and his wife Christy yesterday. "He begged me not to put him on the (season-ending) injured reserve list," said Cowher, who kept him on the final 53-man roster that was set yesterday.

"He feels like he let the football team down," Cowher said. "He was very emotional at the time.

"It's the unfortunate part to our society. When high-profile people are in that situation, it comes to light, but, unfortunately, these things are happening daily and a lot of innocent people are having to suffer through it.

"As I told Joey, I'm glad we're having this conversation because there is one (victim) who is not talking to anybody today."

link: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_152828.html

Last edited by BB2W; 02-03-2006 at 04:40 PM.
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote