View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 01:19 AM   #1531
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524
Default Re: Steelers vs. Titans Game Day Thread - 9/10/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Saying "we got outplayed all night" when that really wasn't the case at all IS talking smack. Someone saying "we beat the piss out of the Ravens" was simply retaliation to his coming here and starting a confrontation to begin with. That's all I'm going to say about the matter, because frankly, I don't care what you think.

Saying "You suck" is talking smack.

Stating an opininion about how someone thought you got outplayed because the Titans had 2 scoring opportunities before the Steelers got any and that they answered a 2 minute drill with a 1 minute drill at the end of the first half I see as far from smack.

Stating that a kicker rarely misses from within 40 yards in the NFL is far from smack.

Stating that the Ravens did not get "the piss kicked out of them" because both regular season games were decided in the last seconds on close calls, is far from smack.

I agree it might have been a bit early to question the win and done in the wrong forum. A frustrated fan venting in your celebration is perhaps in poor taste, but nothing he said was incorrect or disrepectful to the team or individuals. Once again, it is your world and the "months of letting him slide" (which I find to be doubtful) I assume means that a fan of another team shoudl not express his opinions here. Of course if that is the case, you should put that in the post heading, so there is no confusion.

Perhaps you not really "caring what I think" is the most telling point.....

Good luck this season. I "think" you will need it. (not smack)
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote