View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 07:25 AM   #24
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Member Number: 9500
Default Re: Chiefs/Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
Baltimores defense did not look so hot in that game. They gave up alot to a team that should not be getting the points that they did. Could the departure of Rex Ryan and defensive players have the Ratbirds defense not playing so well.
Maybe. I also think, although I hate the thought of it, that the Ravens really did overlook the Chiefs a bit, and that is always a mistake in the NFL. One lesson every team should know by now is NEVER gauge a team this season by last year's performance. KC has a new coach and sometimes that can make a big difference. Especially when the old HC is named Herm.

But, taking away seven points which were given up by ST, the Chiefs scored 17, and seven of those points were after an INT that was almost taken to the house. All-in-all the defense only gave up 188 total yards to the KC offense.

The things I will take from that game is Baltimore's first 500+ yards of offense game in franchise history, Flacco's first 300+ yard passing game with 3 TD passes and how great Ray Rice is when he gets his hands on the ball. Hauschka worries me, though. He looks like he always has way too much of a left hook on FG attempts.
Crow-Magnon is offline   Reply With Quote