View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #141
Kvnfaber
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6695
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centered On Pryor...

Here's what I'm thinking as far as OSU. I'm a huge OSU fan and I have always been a huge Tressel supporter. My brother goes there and I visit often. I even went to Youngstown State, where Tressel enjoyed a ton of coaching success.

Anyways, I'm starting to feel like Tressel gets out-coached and fails to make successful adjustments against teams with similar talent.

Why he didn't have Pryor throwing quick passes to WR's that had 10-15 yd. cushions when USC was bringing the house is beyond me. It should be common knowledge to make a hot read like that when the opposing defense is blitzing hardcore. I just don't feel like they're utilizing Pryor in the way which best suits his talent. Either that or Pryor wanted to show everyone how good of a pocket passer he is - which it is evident that he has a lot of work to do.

Tressel also likes to "stick" to his gameplan, even if it's not working. At some point you need to adapt to what is working and scrap what isn't. THe game of NCAA Football has changed drastically since Tressel won it all in '02 and the Bucks need to get with it.

I have a lot more to say, but wanted to give a brief synopsis.