View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 09:23 AM   #75
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Big College Game Thread....

On a sad note, my Zips lost their first ever Big Ten hosting event. The writing was on the wall, through...

After selling out the new stadium in the home opener, we had a VERY disappointing crowd of only about 19,000 (My guess is the Buckeyes playing in Cleveland stadium drew off a nice chunk of fans), but we had other problems prior to that. Our starting QB who was having a really nice season was suspended indefinitely before the game, so we had to start a sophomore who'd only taken about 20 snaps.

We gave up an opening kickoff TD, but settled in and were only down 17-14 at half, but the young guy threw FOUR picks in the second half and ALL resulted in extremely short fields to work with (and 21 points). I knew we were in trouble when we had a nice play putting us down at the Hoosiers 30, only to be called back for holding (spot foul) AND a personal foul (dead ball) that cost us literally about 50 yards.

21 points off TO's, and 7 off ST's breakdowns, and we lost 38-21.

Not a big game, but big game for us...next up, central Michigan who went in and BEAT Michigan State in East Lansing. Yikes!