Old 10-13-2009, 12:13 AM   #9003
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
Pens' opponent this-coming Saturday evening, Tampa Bay (now 2-1-2), win 3-2, coming from behind, with Malone scoring the game-winner against Floriduh, and Niittymaki gets his 2nd straight start & win:
with me getting the Bolt games on TV, I'll give previews & updates regarding the Lightning as I can, as they play Ottawa Thursday, before headin' to 'da Burgh

I believe that game Saturday night will be the first game this season with the Guins wearing Columbia Blue sweaters
You are correct - they will break out the blue sweaters for the first time Saturday night. As for Tampa Bay, they should be much better this year than last, but I still don't think they have enough to make the playoffs, being in the same division with the Craps, Canes and an improved Thrashers squad. I hear Victor Hedman has looked real good, though.

As for the Pens game tonight, a very solid effort all-around. With 3 of the 4 goals coming from the 3rd and 4th lines, they made a strong statement that they do not need Sid and Geno to carry them, that they have more than enough depth to win when the Big Two have an off night. Fleury again was solid in goal, and of course got a couple lucky breaks with Ottawa hitting 2 posts. Just a businesslike effort, and more along the lines of what we have seen since Bylsma has taken over as HC.

Next up - Carolina, in their first meeting since the Pens swept them out of the playoffs in the ECF. My guess is that Bill Cowher will NOT be cranking up the warning siren this time.