Old 10-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #9009
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
I had to record the game to watch football, but, to be honest - Pens really got lucky on all the bounces.

It was just one of them nights where everything rolled in - remember this game when it goes the other way.

Sens looked pretty good with Spezza and their goalie - LeClaire? They looked good.

But a win is a win - even though Geno had some less than genius plays going on and Sid couldn't buy a goal.

Now the Canes on Wed - I wonder if Cowher will be cranking the siren again.
We've been on the business end of a lot of those games, so yeah, I'll definitely take it. But I'm not concerned about Sid and Geno - it's Kunitz and Fedotenko I'm worried about. Only one goal between them - not good, and certainly not when they're playing with the 2 best players in the world.

I really wasn't all that impressed with the Sens - other than Spezza's line, they really aren't that good. Alfredsson looks extremely slow, Cheechoo still looks as if he hasn't rediscovered his scoring touch and Kovalev pretty much mailed in his effort last night, as he has done way too often over the past few years. Their defense is very suspect to boot. Unless Leclaire channels Martin Brodeur or pulls a Steve Mason from last year, that team is going nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
I've seen 3+ of their 5 games, and the Lightning PP is for-real..... Hedman plays Left-point, the Left-handed VL4 plays the opposite point, St, Louis gets along the Right-wing/half-boards, Malone pesters the goalie's Left shoulder, and Stamkos (the only Right-handed shot) slides in the slot, cranking shots at-will, taking passes from StL or Lecavalier:
very-potent.

the rest of the team is improved, and at 2-1-2, they could be 4-1-0 with any luck, and the ability to score in the shoot-out (both OT loses, I believe):
G Mike Smith has recovered from his concussions of last year, Niittymaki has played solid in both wins (Smith got run-over last week, and has been rested since), and Tocchet has instilled a new spirit in the team
OK, so it should be a good matchup Saturday night and a nice test for the Pens. I still think we will beat them, though.