View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 02:29 PM   #29
ColoradoSteelerFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1660
Default Re: Antwaan - Sign him up!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowedf
See, here's the kicker for me. I want EL to say very badly, but......I can't see him getting "paid" to be a #2 man....not even close. Ideally, he's our #3 receiver, he is the perfect slot guy. We need a #2 man that could do the things that Burress did and be consistant. Can Wilson do that.....doubtful, can Morgan......doubtful (he didn't with the 2-3 other teams he was on). I really think the Steelers will explore their FA options with a viable #2 WR. EL will get a lot more money than most #2 guys now......unless he is the consumate team player and will take less money to stay here and possibly a lesser role......I think he'll be wearing a different uniform next year. I just don't think the FO feels he is the best fit as our #2.
This is the problem with some guys. Randel El is NOT a #1 receiver. He isn't today and he never will be. He is a great slot receiver and someone who adds a dimension to your offense, but he is not a Hines Ward. He is not a Chad Johnson. Randel El is 5'10" and 192 lbs. He is clearly too small to be a #1. He is a guy that needs a very good #1 to take the pressure off of him. If he's the #1....who in the world would be the #2? That is a team with a sad receiving group! Stay El. Accept the wonderful roll you have here and be happy!
ColoradoSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote