View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 07:35 PM   #9
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910
Default Re: Celebration stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalukiSteelers
I just sat there, dumbstruck. I kind of stood up and gave out a "Whooooo!!!" that would have made Ric Flair jealous and I gave one of my roomies a high-five.

I'd been doing homework for about three-straight days so I had to bag a trip to see my dad and watch the game with him. It sucked but sometimes that's the way it is.

Anyway, I call the old man on the phone and I can tell he's pretty emotional -- or maybe that was buzzed. Anyway, we're sitting there talking and I tell him, "Dad, I thought this would feel a little better than it does, right now."

"That's the feeling of relief, son," my dad said. "After you get so worked up for something like this the only thing you can feel is relief. Watch the trophy presentation and give it a day, then it'll sink in."

Damn if it didn't hit me this morning as I'm slipping on the ratty Steelers t-shirt I've been wearing every Sunday for about five seasons and headed to class. I could not stop smiling.
that is EXACTLY what happened to me. for some reason i just wasnt as excited. but today at school, i just couldnt stop smiling. i think last night i was a bit shellshocked and thought i might have been dreaming or something. but i felt it today!!!!!!! GO STEEELERS!!!!!!!