View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #12
BenPFJ1958
Water Boy

Member Number: 1720
Default Re: Lets rate ABC!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shevdog
As much as I do not like Madden calling games, since he speaks in terms of a moron, he was actually good for an audience like this. All the once-a-year viewers can get their "Intro to the Obvious of Football" from Madden. So in that regard it was good for those fan. Other than that, the annoucing sucked. If ever there was a way to get the internet streaming of WDVE in realtime with TV, that would forever rock!
I really feel Michaels is overrated, uses too many cliches, and of course is ant-Steeler. He still feeds of off his Lake Placid Team 1980 USA Hockey announcing

Madden still whines about the "Immaculate Reception" and we all know how he feels about the Steelers !

And both of them "jump on the bandwagon" of the winning team when the game is decided.

You are 120% correct - nothing beats hearing Bill Hillgrove & Tunch Ilkin with their call of the game. In fact I went out to NFL.com and listened to the radio highlights. Almost wish I could here Mryon as well !

"PHL 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" PFJ! Ben Roethlisberger #7

"I hear a thunder in the distance see a vision of a cross
I feel the pain that was given on that sad day of loss
A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key
A light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"

Creed "My Own Prison"

"Personally, I have been inspired by God." - Troy Polamalu #43
BenPFJ1958 is offline   Reply With Quote