View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #4
bozz723
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1132
Default Re: Let the Officials officiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
This thread would have a grain of merit if this has been a Super Bowl problem of years past....but it has never been like this before.....for the fact that the officiating has never been this poor as it was this year. According to you, we should all just keep quiet and not hold the officials accountable for their actions?? And after that Steelers Colts game....you'd think the Steelers Nation would have a completely different opinion. You are just sad because the Super Bowl you just won is being tainted by bad press on the refs. But, if the refs were that bad (and they were), this needs to be discussed and looked at for the better of the NFL....sorry.

Again, the calls that were made were the right calls with the exception of the Hasselbeck personal foul. No denying that wasnt offensive pass interference, and that was most certainly holding. Those are actual rules, just because it's the superbowl doesn't mean they should throw the rule book away. Ben got in the endzone, and if he didn't he would have the next play. No matter what is said, no matter how many mistakes you may think you made, the Steelers also made mistakes. The better, more talented, more complete team won the game. The refs were doing their job and they made the right calls. I can't stand when people don't know what they are talking about, I'm not saying you ZTL, but I'm talking about all the people that think the Seahawks were "jobbed". They just couldn't get it done, and the Steelers are the Champions.
bozz723 is offline   Reply With Quote