View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 03:15 PM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: the real reason for the whining and complaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
yes crucial mistakes at crucial times can lead to crucial calls. there were also plenty of crucial mistakes by seattle where no flags were even thrown such as dropped balls and poor clock management. however if i was a seattle fan i would be bummed to and probably be asking for j. stevens to be fired.

This is true.

The one thing not many people can doubt is the fact that Pittsburgh is the better team - even though they played at 50 or 60% of their powers - they were consistently awesome for most of the playoffs.

Maybe its unfair on Seattle but they played like losers, I dont mean that in a disrespectful way - but as a relative neutral you could see that they didnt really believe they would win - the bad refereeing decisions just confirmed this for them.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote