Old 11-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #158
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,842 Times in 2,096 Posts
Default Re: Ohio State Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Hey, anybody notice the passing of Chris Speilman's wife after a lengthy battle with cancer??
i noticed. i said i was gonna post a positive thread about an OSU player in the ted ginn is a bust thread as an act of good faith, but i guess i forgot about it/blew it off after it was locked down.

anyways...

barry sanders was my favorite modern day era player (who is not a steeler) and i watched every televised game he ever played in.

so by default i always rooted for the lions and became a huge fan of chris speilman. he was everything that is right about the nfl and i loved watching him play on defense while barry wasnt on the field.

peter king was on sirius radio early morning after her passing (said some really nice words) and reminded me of this article he wrote about 10 years ago.

for anyone who dont know about their story, read this...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...81/1/index.htm

from his twitter page-

Quote:
In 1998, Chris Spielman took the year off from football to take care of Stefanie and their two children. I visited the house that fall ...

She told me the day she had her head shaved in advance of losing all her hair, Chris shaved his head without telling her ...

... and showed up back home with his bald head nicked and bleeding. She cried.
Quote:
Chris Spielman gave tickets to slain Iowa HS football coach Ed Thomas' family for the Iowa-Ohio State game last weekend. 7:41 AM Nov 20th from TweetDeck
i posted kings article on ed thomas a while back. kudos to chris. tremendous person and one hell of a player.

and while they didnt quite rival barry sanders 2 other favorite non steelers rbs happened to be OSU rb's robert smith and eddie george.

pure class.