View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 11:58 AM   #16
AustinSeahawk
Water Boy

Member Number: 1935
Default Re: Seattle: no margin for error

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmysteelers
I was almost agreeing with you, Austin, until you started whining that we should be relieved that we won, unneccessary penalties, and having your TD taken away. Blah blah blah. I think the Seahawks should be relieved that the Steelers didn't play their A game, either, because you wouldn't have had a snowballs chance in hell for a close game.
I realize that as a rare Seahawk supporter I'm not going be the most popular poster here, but I am trying to be fair. The only reason I responded to the original post was because I took offense to the original accusation by Hardwork that the Seahawks weren't good enough to win. I am simply defending my team from a statement that seems unfounded.

I'm not here to tell you that we are better than the Steelers. I'm just trying to say that I believe we are good enough to beat you. We just didn't. Whether you think the calls were fair or not doesn't matter, the penalties did cost us opportunities. If it makes you feel better to say I'm "whining" then so be it. I didn't think Joey Porter was "whining" after the Indy game. He was just supporting his team, and he was right.
AustinSeahawk is offline   Reply With Quote