View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 02:02 PM   #16
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222
Default Re: Heisman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
He is a good football player and i dont have a problem with Tebow, but he didnt have a heisman year and if he wins i'll have a tough time not beleiving this as well.
I have HUGE problems with Timmy winning which I have expressed in many places on the board. Putting ALL of that aside, he simply did not have a Heisman year, IMO

I agree with Revs that McElroy had an absolutely outstanding game against the Gators. I find it interesting that he has never lost a game that he started as QB since 8th grade...
In my opinion he is a much more complete QB than Tebow (who is good, but overrated)

As for Ingram...correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he a sophomore? I don't know how many juniors have won the Heisman, but I don't think it should be a consideration at all. If a player is performing up to the standards of the award (Most Outstanding Football Player), he should get it.

Here are some more facts about the Heisman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisman_Trophy

My vote goes to Ingram
(he's gonna be a beast when he gets to the big leagues if he stays healthy and if he doesn't pull a Ricky Williams)