View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #25
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
The ultimate days in WCW for me were when they stuck to a simple formula that worked.

They had a booking system that clearly revolved around a transparent ranking system for the new / emerging and middle of the round talent. They had the cruiser weights that stayed totally within that parameter and provided high risk / high quality content. The middle of the road talent worked their butts off to get noticed to be moved into the upper echelon of performers. These style of matches made up 60 to 70% of the matches on offer. These fighters had the chance of fighting for the TV title belt and occasionally the US heavyweight belt.

This left a maximum of 3 big matches that contained fueds / title matches / or novelty stories involving the Heavyweight and Tag team titles.

I am sick of tired of watching an event and being able to almost totally predict the outcome of every match even down to the angle that they are going to use.

My advice:
* remove the majority of angles and swerves.
* let young talent showcase their skills without having to throw in the dramatic BS ( ala Cena)
* let the headliners showcase the true wrestling skills they have and not just their microphone skills
* the four horsemen / NWO / DX / British invasion type concept is overused. GO back to heels and faces and let fueds simmer for a longer period

Remember this ( old timers)

12 matches, 4 title matches, 1 disqualification and Bill Goldberg's night of nights in his home town Atlanta.

simple formula, great event, great memories. It doesnt take a moron to see the formula that was used.
Lots of good thoughts there Aussie! Maybe Hogan should hire you as TNAs new booker. At least you know what real fans want. That's the problem with WWE, I don't think they have a clue anymore!
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote