View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 592
Default Rod Woodson in Steelers jersey....

Went to the Pro Bowl Skills day today at the Ihilani Resort.... They had a flag football game with NFL veterans playing.... John Elway was one team captain, and Rod Woodson was 'suited up' in a #26 Steelers away jersey.... He got a huge round of cheers from the fans, and a good showing of terrible towels.... It was a nice feeling to see him wearing the 'right' shirt..... And he was Elway's Center, too..... Young was the other team's QB.... Larry Brown missed two passes - - I got the folks around me laughing when I said he must only be able to catch O'Donnell passes....

Apparently this thing is going to be airing at 6:00 PM EST tomorrow - - it is at 11:00 AM here in Hawaii, so it is not tape delayed, I guess..... The only Steeler in the contests (besides Rod) was Joey Porter in the strength contest -- bench pressing 225 pounds as many times as possible in 1 minute.... I won't tell results - - you gotta watch it....

I did get some photos, but my DS has to download them for me - - new camera - - and he also got some photos, so I will try to get them posted tomorrow or Sunday after the game....

Chad Johnson was his usual mouthy self - - he was in one of the contests, and someone behind me said something about wondering if he was going to do a celebration in the end zone - - I muttered that he never got to use the last one he had worked so hard on - - everyone liked that one, too..... If they show his dive over the wall at the end, look for the tall curly haired blond kid - - that is my grandson.....

We did get Polumalu's auto on a ProBowl football..... My grandson has a knack of being invisible to security - - they would shoo all the people away from the players, but the players would reach for and sign whatever he was holding.... It was pretty neat....

Now I have to go and find a cure for my sunburned face, neck and arms.... The sun was brutal.....
Mamaduck43 is offline   Reply With Quote