View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #22
kittenfantastico76
Starter

Member Number: 11856
Default Re: ROLL TIDE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
In most states with no pro team, College rules all...even in some states with college teams...the College team has a bigger following.

Look at Florida...there are probably more fans of Gators/Seminals than there are of Dolphins, Buccaneers and Jaguars combined.

Here in Ohio, it's all about OSU...even with two pro teams. OSU basketball is almost as big as Cavaliers basketball...and OSU isn't considered a premier basketball place to play by outsiders. (They're better than most people know though not an elite team year in and year out.)

In Pennsylvania, you've got Steelers/Eagles fans...and a HUGE following of Joe Pa and his Nittany Lions. Even with Pitt in there to cause some disruption...I'd venture to say that there are more Penn State fans than there are Steelers fans in PA.
I think you're probably right about the Nittany Lions fans out numbering the Steelers/Eagles fans that's for sure. My family in PA are huge Nittany Lion fans - my cousin had a full scholarship to play football for them but chose military college instead. I would have loved to have seen him play years ago.

I've been to OSU, it's an amazing school and there's no doubt they are proud of their college sports team.

The following for Maryland University and the Terps is huge as well but I have never seen a following like those for Auburn and Alabama - it gets down right crazy!!! :)

It's just fun to see the passion and be a part of it that's for sure! :)