View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 12:00 AM   #35
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 592
Default Re: Pittsburgh Highlights

I grew up in North Park - - and everytime I go back to Pittsburgh, I have to make a pilgrimage to my old stomping grounds.... There are lovely trails through the park and enough nature to keep just about anyone happy.....

When my mother passed away a few years ago, I had all of my kids and grandkids together - - very unusual since some live in Wisconsin, some in Hawaii and some in Colorado..... We did a two day mystery trip to all of the places that meant something to both my ex and myself.... Our old houses, our schools, our favorite haunts, the bowling alley where we met, and even our favorite parking places..... We added stops in the Strip district, Mt. Washington, Oakland, South Hills and we rode on the inclines and the busways...... It was great fun...... We went to the Science center - - and of course Heinz Field and PNC Park...... We did Carnegie Museum and Phipps Conservatory...... And I fell in love with the city all over again....

I hated the weather - - too hot in the summer, too slushy in the winter - - and the road conditions drove me batty, but the best thing about Pittsburgh is the people who live there..... They really live life with passion, and are some of the best people in the world....
Mamaduck43 is offline   Reply With Quote