tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,098 Posts
Default Re: Arts and humanities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Thanks Tony,

Its certainly an interesting subject - a man with that degree of genius must have found it difficult to relate to other people.......

NM
i love the debate of who was the greater artist. michealangelo vs. davinci.

michelangelo was definitely a surely (sp?) character. he was aloof, pretty mean and nasty, carried himself like a common laborer, often working for weeks on end with little sleep or bathing. many looked at him as down right filthy in demeanor and appearance. his social skills were definitely limited, and he had many run ins with the pope who gave him most of his commisions, getting beaten with a stick and almost thrown into the stench (prison) for disobedience.

leonardo on the other hand was very worldly, often wearing the finest clothes and hair oils, perfumes etc. hanging out with kings, queens, dignitaries, philosophers, noblemen, etc. eating the finest foods. he knew how to enjoy life. there was quite a rivalry between the 2 and even to some degree a hatred. they were polar opposites. while it seemed leonardo had a carefree attitude about his work, michaelangelo was almost haunted by his. he was miserable alot of his life and it was like he was possessed when he worked.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote