Old 02-18-2006, 05:44 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts
Default Re: daytona 500: pick the winner/ analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Sadler and Jarrett should both be considered favorites as well...I don't espouse your "Chevy only" theory. The teams that have money can spend as mch as they want to catch up their restrictor plate program, just like Hendrick did to DEI. Yates is there...
i addressed them in my analysis. sadler, while is not THE favorite every year, is a semi favorite every year. yates has always had the horsepower and no ford driver has done better than jarrett at the track. they alwayds do well in the speedweeks leading up to the 500. recent history shows that gives them no advantage over the hendrick, dei, and stewart teams though. them and roush have the same engine program. the only reason i give a roush driver a slight edge over a yates driver is recent history and the power in numbers. 5 teammates together can be deadly on this track especially if they work together. looking at last years stats and recent performance i will be looking at either c. edwards or g. biffle to pull a shocking and rare ford win. not to say jarrett or saddler arent capable. im just looking at the odds. anything can happen at the daytona 500, such as d. cope beating d. earnhardt

Last edited by tony hipchest; 02-18-2006 at 05:47 PM.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote