View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 06:20 PM   #106
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
I am pretty sure that nwa and awa was going on at the same time.And that georgia wreslting might have turned into world class wrestling.Again back then world class wrestling was a weekly tv show as i watched it every week from the sportaudtorium in texas.And i know that the awa went on into the 90's.As i said i think they have thier shows on espn classic from like the showboat in las vegas.And i know shawn micheals wrestled there as a tag team with marty jennity.And i think that world class went into nwa .But i am no expert so i might be worng about this.Hey as you brought it up can you name the original 4 horsemen and can you name all of the members that have ever been a horsemen.Now no cheating and going on google for it.
The AWA and NWA were two separate companies. The NWA had been around since 1905. They were parent brand of Georgia Championship Wresting. When Turner bought out Jim Crockett's stake of GCW, they became WCW, with the Crocketts maintaining the NWA brand, which became an independent promotion that now oversees many sub promotions. The AWA was founded somewhere around 1962-63 and was dissolved about 1990. There was had been talk about trying to revive an independent AWA brand, but I'm not sure what happened with that. McMahon purchased all the video rights for the old AWA matches and shows.
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote