View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 02:25 AM   #82
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Re: 2010 Steelers Journal

Hines Ward Retires; The Dreaded day has come

NFL.COM reports Hines Ward has retired from the NFL.

If there is one player ever game would want on it's team it would be :Hines Ward. You know you would want one, this includes Baltimore's GM Ozzie Newman and recently fired Head Coach Bill Bellicheck.

As Hines Ward retired at the podium Tuesday, just a few days after watching the Pro Bowl in Hawaii he stated "I'm calling it my days i'm hanging up my cleats, not for good eventually i want to come back and coach at Pittsburgh, if Mr Rooney let's me"

He couldn't stop the tears rolling down his face as Pittsburghs Offensive Identity for over 13 Years announced his bittersweet ending. "I remember the very first day stepping onto the turf of the Three Rivers Stadium to the next of decleating and beating the rats for the 2008 AFC Championship on which they placed bounties on me.." "It's over though my days as a Wide Reciever, it's time for Mike Wallace to do what he was drafted in 2009 for. To Step in, i wish him good luck in that and i'm always a phone call away from him, hopefully later a sideline."

As he stepped down Pittsburgh announced the Special Teams Coach from 2010-2011 George Catavolos contract has expired and will not be signed as he wants to pursue other opportunities.

supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote