View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #124
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
Sorry mate - my intent was lost in the translation. ( Chime in means that I wont be around much but i might try to drop by occasionally.)

You didnt upset me at all. I wasnt seeking permission, I was just showing that I enjoy the round table and that a few more people should come out of the closet and confess their wrestling allegiances.

I have been enjoying the dialouge between you guys. I never really got a chance to see original NWA or AWA. I got my fix by saving my money and buying the Pro Wrestling Illustrated magazines to see the progress that was being made in the other federations. PPV's were a non event out here. We had to wait 6 months for the videos to make it to a video store. Therefore the depth of my knowledge is limited

All we got served in my teens ( 80's) was WWF and it was very generic and predictable. When we finally got WCW wrestling finally improved for me.

I once taught a child with Aspergers Autism and he could recall every WWE match of the Undertaker era. Any show, any card, any wrestler.........he was good fun to teach as every classroom analogy I used had to relate to a wrestler, a match or an angle.
He was 14 years old when his world came crashing down on him. He finally came across the term KAYFABE and upon loads more reading and net surfing he discovered what truly happened in wrestling. He was shattered. But he quickly related his new discovery to his similar views on the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. What harm would it really do if he continued to believe ..... just a little ( when he needed to)

Keep up the great dialouge guys.............i love reading it.
Couldn't agree more Aussie, I know there are more wrestling fans on here than what we have at the Roundtable! Come on out guys!!!
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote