View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 07:50 AM   #20
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: USA Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203
I watched the USA lose to Sweden 2-1....I gotta tell ya...that wasnt boring hockey. End to end...great goaltending...very exciting hockey...

I love olympic hockey..pros or not....bigger ice...more room...faster...more flow,,,

It may be time to admit that European hockey is at the same level or above North American hockey.
I agree. It's not as if we are watching the New Jersey Devil trap of old here. It's everything you want in a hockey game. It's fast, excellent transition and physical.

My only complaint are some of the rules. If a players helmet comes off, your not permitted to touch the puck. If the puck hits the goalie's mask, a whistle is blown. I can understand If the goalie mask comes off, but that's not the case. A rule that was installed in the NHL this year that I feel should be in international play, is if a player shoots the puck out of bounds in his own zone it's an automatic two minute penalty, no such thing in international. Only the goalie is not permitted to shoot the puck out of bounds.