Old 01-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #10001
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
Pens had some good things happening for them (PP goals, Hat trick for Malkin whose been struggling recently, 6 points for Crosby), but they also kept the Isles in the game with some sloppy play at times. Johnson made some nice saves on those letdowns, but there's still plenty for this team to work on.

Overall, a good game. A win is 2 points any way you look at it. It gets us that much closer to the Devils, although I think we have 4 more games played.

Hope Dupuis will be alright. He really took a bad shot, and Sutton could definitely be seeing some suspension time. He's been team mates with Dups in ATL, so I don't think there was any animosity. Just some frustration and a bad decision. This is exactly the type of unnecessary hit the league is cracking down on.
Agreed. Something I notice a lot from the Pens in the past ten games or so is the amount of breakaways our defense is allowed. Two alone last night from Okposo and gave him a penalty shot as well.

Thankful Johnson had a strong game. Also I notice the fact that every time the Pens score a big goal to give them a two goal lead or such, they always seem to give the next goal up never putting the game away.

I see Sutton hopefully getting 7-10 game suspension for that hit. The league now has been stressing just those types for the past two seasons now strongly and that hit last night was viscous and un called for so I expect it.