View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 12:22 AM   #2
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037
Default Re: FS Kam Chancellor

Totally respect your opinion and yes I agree that he has received some glowing reports from the shrine week. However he is not really facing any QB's or QB's that are going to set the NFL alight.

I have watched a few V Tech game and I think Chancellor can be a liability as FS playing the deep cover role. He is often caught out of position and being a big guy he is slow to regroup when has been turned around.

I have stated here before that I would much rather have him as a strong safety who backs up Troy and plays that run stuffing / rover type role. In a pinch he could play FS but I am not sold on him as a full time FS. He is a way better run stuffer than cover man.

I have seen him shown up badly in college football by average players. I hate to imagine what NFL elite talent will do to him.

If we want a FS to eventually replace Ryan Clark then I think you better draft a guy that is first and foremost a pure cover FS. Better off spending a 2nd to get Nate Allen IMO.

If we can get Chancellor for great value (4th) then I would grab him as the replacement for Tyrone Carter.