Old 01-24-2010, 10:30 PM   #10105
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
I like Cooke on that third line he does contribute and score his 3rd line amount of goals in the season which is fine. You can't expect him to fight, sadly that is just not "him." He is the agitator who just goes out there hits a few people and talks smack; believe it or not it works and is something this team needs every game.

Agreed it is sad he does not fight ever and seems to just take costly penalties when it is not need, but I guess it's the chance the Pens took with him and they seem to want to stick with it.
I don't expect Cooke to fight all the time, but when he pulls shit like this, I damn well expect him to fight when he's challenged. If it was a one-time thing I could forgive it, but this guy has been doing this crap his entire career. At least guys like Ruutu, Avery and Darcy Tucker, as much as I can't stand the last two, will man up and back up their antics. Getting Cooke to take off his skirt and drop his gloves is like asking Tiger Woods to keep his hands off other women. It ain't going to happen very often. I respect that he hits and can chip in some goals, but he has no honor, and I can't respect that.