View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 08:34 AM   #15
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Re: Tim Tebow an NFL QB? Fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
The MAIN concern I have with Tebow is the mental aspects of being a QB in the NFL. You can't rely on physicality or pure athleticism to read a defense or go through progressions.

You don't have to have prototypical NFL size (look at Brees), or have phenomenal arm-strength (look at Pennington, a vastly underrated QB), but you DO have to possess the mental capabilities to play on Sunday's. That's where I think he'll fall flat...
http://blogs.tampabay.com/gators/200...f-theyear.html

Tim Tebow wins second ESPN The Magazine Academic All-American of theYear
Florida quarterback Tim Tebow has won the ESPN The Magazine Academic All-America of the Year award, becoming the first student-athlete to earn the honor two consecutive years in the University Division.

Tebow is the first Florida athlete in any sport to earn first-team Academic All-America honors three-consecutive years and the first football player from the SEC to be chosen to the first team three-straight times. He joins Carlos Alvarez as the only three-time Academic All-Americans in football at Florida. Alvarez earned first-team recognition in 1969 and second-team accolades in 1970 and 1971.

Tebow is majoring in Family, Youth and Community Sciences and has a 3.66 grade point average.

What a crock. You're so full of it it's laughable.

I'm not saying he will or wont make it as an NFL qb. My guess is that he wont, but it has nothing to do with not possessing "the mental capabilities" to play the position.

If he fails in his attempt to play qb in the NFL it will almost certainly be due to flawed mechanics in his throwing motion and his drop backs.

Unlearning virtually involuntary muscle memory in your mechanics while trying to figure out a game that plays out at about 1000 mph is probably too high a hurdle for almost anyone to overcome.