Old 01-31-2010, 07:39 PM   #12
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927
Default Re: "all we would need to do is leave people alone"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
There's a simple solution, which is to listen to what a majority of our own people believe on this topic and others.
Being an American, I am viscerally opposed to anything that compromises our sovereignty.

Yeah "evuhbuddy loves the idea of an ICC" but nobody knows what the hell it is...

Four in ten Americans (39%) say they have heard or read about the possibility of forming a permanent International Criminal Court, including 4% who know a lot and 13% who know some. The majority of Americans (61%) report that they have not heard or read anything at all about this initiative. (Roper/ASW) http://www.amicc.org/docs/WICC_USpublicOp.pdf

"I didn't see 'Ghandi' but I loved it" Steve Martin 1986

Quote:
Our propaganda tells us that we are a democracy, so this should be natural for us.
We are a representative republic. The Framers did it that way because "democracies" have a tendency to run amuck.

Quote:
Among other things, a clear majority of U.S. citizens support the U.N. - and not the U.S. - taking the lead in peacekeeping and military intervention.
A "majority" voted for bho as well. Public opinion doesn't necessarily serve as an indicator of the best direction we as a nation should go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftoverhard View Post
I think we should bomb everyone until they agree with us and bow to our will. Everyone.
Yer coming around Lefty. You been doing the breathing exercises?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
That or we could just mustard gas our own that don't conform.
Nah. Sarin. I hear the trails are sensational.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Vincent; 01-31-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote