Old 02-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Re: Cook on Cooke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Good read on Cookie, Zu.

You really don't hear much about Cooke's value to the team and that IS a disservice to him as a player. He skates extremely well and has good puck handling abilities, along with giving 150% every time he steps on the ice and hits everything that moves. In addition, as the article states, Cooke has been stellar on the PK and his defensive skills go pretty much ignored. Would I call him a bit of an agitator? YEP. He is another player I wasn't too fond of before he donned the black 'n gold, ala Battleship Kelly, Durbano, Ulf, Kaspar, Laraque, Ruutu, etc., but I quickly warmed up to all of 'em, including Cookie and his contributions to the team. He's definitely a keeper and I hope the Pens hold onto him.
Me too! And I love what Cooke has to say about his time in Pittsbirgh.

Cooke is among the Penguins who will be an unrestricted free agent after the season. You think he wants to stay? You have no idea.

"I love it here. It's an amazing place," Cooke said. "It's one thing to be a part of a winning atmosphere. But this team and this city have made it very comfortable for my family. I spent a long time in one city" -- Vancouver for nearly nine years ---- "and to be able to feel like I found a home again is a nice feeling."