Old 02-22-2006, 10:11 AM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,405 Times in 3,547 Posts
Default Re: Props to JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Yeah, usually it takes at least a couple races before these guys start going at it, and we've got at least 2 full blown feuds this year after just one!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/5349950
wow it looks like the author of this article is crying more than newman. (sarcasm) look at what he had the gall to write:

"There was more fallout later in the day, when NASCAR suspended Knaus for three more races and fined him $25,000 for making the illegal modification.

Knaus has had problems in the past, which probably led to the negative comments. Last March, he was accused of cheating following Johnson's win in Las Vegas when his car failed postrace inspection. After a win in September at Dover, Del., Johnson's car again failed inspection."

i love it how people call ryan newman the whiner/crier. and then they refer to his 8 win season and say the only reason he won had to be because of cheating. of course while ignoring that half those wins were by outsmarting the competition with pit strategy, and ignoring that newman is one of the best drivers at feathering the gas pedal and floating the car into the corners thus saving fuel. its an age old technique that most newer drivers dont bother using. the more common method is mash the gas pedal and mash the brakes. - not to fuel efficient. with newmans and borlands background and degrees in automotive engineering, im sure they could cheat circles around the competition if they really wanted to.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote