View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts
Default kurt bush wins pole

why is this noteworthy? rusty wallace used to be the ryan newman of winning poles. kurt bush isnt known for his qualifying efforts by any means. bush's time held off alot of great cars that had a little advantage of qualifying as the track got cooler. people thought bush was crazu to leave roush and the 97 team. while i prefered about 10 other drivers to replace rusty i respected the fact that roger penske went out and shelled out the big $$$ for the reigning champion to replace rusty. the utmost respect and dedication to winning.

is kurt bush a dork? yes
did i almost puke seeing him in miller lite racesuit getting into rustys car? of course
is it great to see the blue deuce up front where it belongs? absolutely!

it was nice to see the penske cars work together and pretty much stay up front all day at daytona too. the 2 and the 12 car were well on their way to giving penske his 1st restrictor plate win and you can tell that bush wouldve rather won (him or ryan) that race for roger than for himself. nice to finally see some teamwork in the penske organization. i bet ryan wouldve never gave wallace that qualifying set up.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote