View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 12:47 PM   #11
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109
Default Re: Patriots...America's Team??????

I think world wide the Steelers are champs. We represent everywhere. As for America, I did a test...

went to google and searched "america's team NFL" and surprise Dallas still comes up more times than not. Since they have 5 SB wins and more appearances, I can live giving them this title. Not to say we are not going to gain on them this year!

As for New England, I don't think they were in contention. I think the biggest reason is America loves personality. Dallas was big cause of Dorsett, Staubach, Aikman, Irvin, Smith, etc. We have a big fan base cause of Lambert, Greene, Bradshaw, etc. The pats while they have embraced the "team" concept, don't do enough to have America embrace them. Think of it like a party. If you could party with the Steelers of the 70's, Cowboys of the 90's or Pats of now, who would you pick? The first two are way more interesting than the Pats. I know thats how they like it, but it will cost them from being Americas team. HW i assume this is okay as long as you all keep winning. I don't really care, just pointing out America like bold and the Pats come up short. Nothing personal. Just stating the facts.