View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 06:55 AM   #33
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Shaun White is amazing!

Great day yesterday for the USA..........moments of courage for the women skiers with Lindsey Vonn winning gold and amazing athletic skill on the halfpipe. Shaun White easily won gold with his first run and topped his score with his victory lap. What's even more amazing is the fact that he had two open heart surgeries when he was one year old for a heart defect.

If you missed him last night, check it out........ http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/ass...hite+wins+gold

When I watched the other performances, it makes you even more impressed with Shaun's abilities. Alot of them wiped out and no one came close to his height in the air. I bet alot of kids were watchng him, dreaming of doing that stuff on their skateboards and alot of parents did not sleep well last night.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."

Last edited by stillers4me; 02-18-2010 at 07:20 AM.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote