View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #16
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Tiger Woods Press Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
I don't understand the animosity with Tiger. He didn't break any laws, he didn't rape anyone, he didn't get drunk and kill anyone, he didn't murder dogs, he didn't shoot himself in the leg, he didn't piss in public (i.e. Reed), he didn't do illegal drugs (i.e. Holmes) yet people are more pissed off about what he did with other consenting individuals. Sometimes the hypocrisy on this board is overwhelming.
There is no hypocrisy here SteelersinCA - only pure disgust at the pain and embarrassment he himself has brought upon his wife wife and children - innocent parties - because he couldn't keep Mr. Happy in his pants and his own egotistical sense of self-entitlement . . .

Quote:
I felt that I had worked hard my entire life and deserved to enjoy all the temptations around me. I felt I was entitled.
Quote:
Roethlisberger is accused of raping a woman, while i have serious concerns about the validity of that, not a single person has posted publicly about their disappoint with Ben in any manner approaching what Tiger did. I cannot understand the hatred. He played golf and is a savvy and intelligent business man. He never played on some clean cut image, he played on his golf game deliberately keeping his family out of the spotlight. What he does in his private life is his business.
By his own actions, he has now PUT his wife and children IN the spotlight. The media follow Elin and the children around and they have very little privacy as a result of his sexual addiction and perversion.

Comparing Ben's situation to that of Tiger's is apples and oranges imho. Though I am a vehement opponent to anyone being violated against their will, I think most of us can smell a mile away and figure out what McNasty's game plan is. In addition, Ben has the reputation of being a ladies man and is SINGLE. He doesn't have a wife and children whose lives will be adversely affected by his sexual appetite.

Finally, yes - Tiger did play on some clean cut image. By his own statement yesterday . . .

Quote:
Parents used to point to me as a role model for their kids. I owe all those families a special apology. I want to say to them that I am truly sorry.
Quote:
The true sign of hypocrisy will come when you turn on the TV to watch him win the Masters and mark my word, the ratings will come back. Tiger won't miss a beat.
I respect him as the greatest golfer to ever play the game, but as a person, a husband and a father? Nope, nada, nein - not going to happen.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote