Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Re: Supa Steeler Journal

With the 14th Overall Selection

Welcome to Steeler Nation Earl Thomas
by Mike Nathan
Special Contributor
EASPORTS.COM

The last time the Steelers traded up they selected Strong Safety Troy Polamalu with the 16th overall pick in the 2003 NFL Draft. 10 years later the Steelers trade up 4 spots to the 14th overall pick and select Free Safety Earl Thomas out of Texas.

"He's a phenominal player, we weren't sure if he was going to be there at pick 18 so the night before we traded up to be on the safe side" said Coach Mike Tomlin.

"He's the player we want at Safety"

Earl Thomas may start at Cornerback the forthcoming season where William Gay was before.

"Were exploring the options of the versatility of Earl, were looking to see if he can play some Cornerback and Safety next season"

The Night before Earl knew he was going to be playing for the unprecedented six time Super Bowl Champions the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"Coach phoned me up the night before (the draft) and told me were trading up to select me" Said Thomas "I was blown away they were the only ones that gave me a phone call the past 2 days up till the draft"

"I'm ready to be a Steeler i'm gonna work hard and show Pittsburgh that it was a good deal trading up for me"

In other news the Steelers released Linebacker Rocky Boiman.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote