View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #231
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
I thought tonights tna show was another step back ho-hum show for them.I mean the falir styles thing was alright but seriously again-the pope going for the title.And geta better gimmick,calling people by the wrong names is so 5th grade-dick,oh i am sorry i mean d'angelo.Yeah thats funnyAnd no beutiful people tonight really dissapointed me.But what wrecked the show for me was a tie between the hogan /abyass thing (that whinning of abyass just makes me turn the channel) and i think the winner is the angle using the troops to get himself over.I mean as a storyline or for real it just should not be done.I know i risk getting ripped on on here.But i know people that have been over there and they feel the same way i do about this.Like john cena doing it and now angle doing this in the storyline with anderson.I just do not like using the troops name like this.But i do have to say i loved how mr.anderson played it back right at angle.Man i love that guy as a heel.The wwe did not know they had a gold mine in him.Because they keep putting over the same guys over and over and all of them are old timers like the taker,triple h and ray "i only fight big guys to get over"-you could call them "the land of the lost".I hope that tna picks it up when they go head to head with them.
Lambert, I thought this Impact was ok, but certainly not great. One interesting thing was the little riff between Hogan and Bischoff. I would love to see that develop into a storyline. Hogan vs Bischoff has a lot of possibilities and would be could go over well if done properly. As far as the Angle-Anderson segment..when Angle started talking about the troops and crying, I was thinking "really?". Angle is a legend in the sport, but he isn't what he once was, and I feel like they're looking for anything they can to get him over right now. As far as Anderson, his reaction was great! I laughed my ass off. I don't know that anyone could've pulled that off with humor and sarcasm the way he did! I agree with ya Lambert, that the WWE didn't use him correctly. The best thing TNA is doing right now is putting Anderson over as a heel, and he may very well be one of the best heels in the business right now!!! I wish Chris "Abyss" Parks would become a full time member of the creative team and help with the writing. That's where his real talents are, not as a wrestler. I've never liked his ring character, it's just a poor ripoff of Foley's Mankind.
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote