View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 07:54 AM   #115
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745
Default Re: Olympic hockey thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
Loved the games today. USA and Canada both win.

Was surprised that the Can/Rus game wasn't ever close. The Canadians kicked ass. Feel bad for Gonch and Geno though. The next games will really be important for them and hope they atleast medal then.

Looking forward to the USA playing Canada for the gold tomorrow - should be a good game.
Didn't get to see the US game, but obviously pretty happy with the result. Watched the highlights.
The Canadian game wasn't what I expected. It looked like an NHL all-star game with all the scoring. The Russian goalie was horrible. I didn't want them to win anyway because of cap'n caveman, but I expected a much better (closer) game.

Funny when the announcer said the Russians were never in it, and that they brought their "Euro-trash game".

I believe the Russians are out of it now. I believe the bronze medal game will be the two losers of the upcoming semi-final.

Quote:
When things got chippy at the end of the game, I realized that I haven't seen any fights during the Olympics??

I'm assuming that fighting isn't allowed in international play, maybe?
No fighting. Suspendable offense. That's why you saw Boyle slewfoot Semin. I'm sure he wanted to fight him after the shot he took prior, but he would have been unavailable to play in the next game.

Quote:
He did win the Conn Smythe, where within that is an overall slump?
Yeah, I got that. Maybe I'm thinking of the 08-09 playoffs. I just remember them showing them every game, then they were somehow missing the next.

superstitious players.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote