View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 02:44 PM   #16
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844
Default Re: I Hate this time of year

Though the NFL is done, this is still a good time for sports in Carbondale, IL.

The Salukis basketball team is fighting for an NCAA berth. The Missouri Valley Conference tournament -- "Arch Madness" -- starts Thursday, in St. Louis. SIU's a #2 seed so their first game is Friday. They play terribly in the 'Lou, so it'll be interesting seeing if they can nab an at-large bid.

SIU baseball is off the chains. The Dawgs took two of three from the #20 team in the nation and they just completed a rare 4-game sweep of the top MAC West team, Central Michigan. SIU is killing the ball -- they're hitting over .300 as a team. Kevin Koski -- think Chris Duffy -- is hitting .524 w/11 RBI and only one K in 42 ABs. SIU has an RPI in the top ten. Good stuff.

HS baseball should start in a couple of weeks. HS basketball is in its postseason and basketball is huge in IL.

The Pirates, despite their young rotation, give fans some hope for a .500 season. Thank goodness for low expectations.

Tiger's on the tube. NASCAR isn't one of my things but I did watch Daytona.

The Bulls suck but teams are fighting for playoff berths in these last few weeks.

And, oh yeah, the Steelers are basking in an SB title. I'm okay with this time of the year.

If I could just figure out a way to not hate school, I'd be fine. If you're thinking of an English major -- don't do it. No money, tons of reading and writing and classmates who are annoying, superior eggheads. Aside from sports, life sucks so if I couldn't find happiness in sports I'd jump off a damn cliff.
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote