Old 03-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: 1958 vs 2010

Gawd aint that the truth?

Quote:
Scenario 2:
Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1958 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2010 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.
My 10 year old grandson had 2 kids gang up on him walking home from the bus last week and he fought back. They punched him repeatedly in the chest and he was defending himself, which is what I've always told him to do. The police were called and though these 2 little bastards are notorious in my daughter's neighborhood for beating up kids younger than they are, it was swept under the rug because my grandson fought back. Back in the day, it would have just been a fight to the finish.

Quote:
Scenario 3:
Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1958 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

I'm a huge fan of bringing paddling back to the schools. I tied Sister Margaret's veil to the seat in 5th grade as she was standing next to the projector in front of me and when she walked forward, off came the veil and it revealed her to be bald except for her bangs. Everyone in the class thought it was funny but after bending over in the Principal's office and getting a couple of good whacks with the paddle that had holes in it, I quickly learned that trying to be a clown in class wasn't all that cool. When I got home that day from school, I got whacked again as the Principal called my Mom. My ass hurt for a week.

If parents can't control their kids in today's world, might I suggest . . .

[YOUTUBE]ejE9FN82O2s[/YOUTUBE]

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote