View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
SteelCityMom

Member Number:
Default Re: Let me see if I got this right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
So, you are suggesting that it would behoove us to emulate Cuba, China, North Korea, Iran, etc. in our border policy. I take it that you are a big fan of those wonderful nations. Yes?
I certainly don't think it would be right to follow in those nations border policies at all...but there has to be some kind of limit to what illegal immigrants can do here.

I'm all for people from other countries coming here and wanting to make a new and better life for themselves...even if that means sending home money to their families in other countries. I just want them to do it legally and have to pay taxes like the rest of us. I don't think it's right that many illegals are coming here and getting a free ride. It's a slap in the face to immigrants who have gone through the proper steps to become Americans and are hardworking taxpayers and it's a slap in the face to the rest of us who have been here all our lives and have to pay taxes for them. There has to be some sort of middle ground between shooting them at the border and giving them a free ride.