View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,967 Times in 4,545 Posts
Default Re: Let me see if I got this right

according to the list, it seems there are some aspects of communism and dictatorships venom really loves. i wonder if all uber right wingers feel the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
You obviously took what I said the wrong way, or didn't read all that I posted. I DO NOT think that all immigrants come here to get a free ride. Some do though, and it's a slap in the face to the ones who come here and go through the legal process of becoming a citizen and bettering their lives.

I also know that many illegals work very, very hard...but there still has to be some way to make sure that they have the chance to be here legally. I'm all for hard work, I've worked hard since I was 14...I've also had to pay taxes since I was 16. I don't think it's right that employers are paying illegals dirt wages to work their tails off and I don't think it's right that it's far too easy to allow illegals into this country. Please don't confuse that with me passing judgement on what they are working for.
things have changed alot since 9-11 with e-verify and all the penalties faced with i-9 verification violations, but for many years a ton of illegals were on legitimate payrolls with all the typical taxes being deducted. of course the illegals would never be able to cash in on SS or medicare benefits, because they didnt have a social.

i know its hard for some to believe or admit, but there are illegals who worked legitimate jobs for legitimate employers and paid into the system.