View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 06:08 AM   #6
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Kirwan: Notes and quotes from the meetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i think last years draft class will make up for the one that allowd patrick bailey to be named as steelers "rookie of the year".

i get a kick out of brandt. today he was offering some random insight on an oregon player (cant remember who). not only was he the all oregon state football player but also the only person in oregon to be named the #1 all state in basketball as well (or something like that).

and he also has a 0 handicap in golf.

i never knew this, but gil brandt is basically the advisor w/ the most influence as to which top prospects are invited to NYC to attend the draft.

also revealed today that steve sabol is gonna produce The 100 greatest players of all time for nfl films, and brandt is the head of the "blue chair committee" (or whatever) to come up with and finalize the list.

but then again, what do they know. its not like they actually watch football like us fans. theyre just a bunch of media idiots (atleast thats what we will read on message boards when 40 steelers dont make the list).
I know we have shared a laugh in the past with Gil Brandt's "fashion show" statements and personal tidbits on prospects.

"Duke Robinson is the great nephew of legendary singer Smokey Robinson"

"Eben Britton is the grandson of actress Estelle Parsons who won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in the movie 'Bonnie and Clyde' and played the mother of Roseanne Barr in the sitcom 'Roseanne'."

lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote